Please read following T&C carefully before proceeding
This Site is offered and available to users who are 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16 years of age you are not allowed to use this site or the MeroDesk services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
If you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service our customer support ticket is available, you can send the question we will contact you as soon as possible. You can submit a request and you will receive a support ticket. The customer service department will look into your queries as soon as possible.
Buyers are users who purchase services on MeroDesk.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Seller can create in response to specific requirements of a Buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a Seller.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a Buyer and Seller on MeroDesk..
Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Service for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Service Packages allow Sellers to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets Sellers price their service for a basic price .
Service(Gigs) are services offered on MeroDesk
Message Box is where Buyers and Sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig after making the payment..
Orders are the formal agreement between a Buyer and Seller after the purchase was made from the Seller’s Gig Page.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Buyers and Sellers in connection with the MeroDesk platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Buyers in connection with the purchase of services, withdrawal of funds to Sellers in connection with completed services, and the holding of funds in connection with MeroDesk Balances.
Revenue is the money that Sellers earn from completed orders and can withdraw from MeroDesk, subject to these Terms.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services on MeroDesk.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on MeroDesk. Registration is free.
- Services on MeroDesk.com should be offered at a base starting price of Rs. 50.
- Buyers pay MeroDesk in advance to create an order (see Purchasing Section below regarding payment terms).
- Orders are purchased through the Purchase button found on a Seller’s Service page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section.
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause.
- Cancelling orders will affect Sellers’ reputation and status.
- Seller’s gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through MeroDesk.com.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Service page.
- MeroDesk retains the right to use all published delivered works for MeroDesk marketing and promotion purposes.
- Sellers create Services on MeroDesk to allow Buyers to purchase their services.
- Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to Buyers in addition to their services.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete accredits your account with net revenue of 85% of the purchase amount.
- MeroDesk accredits Sellers once an order is completed.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 3 days after the order is marked as complete. Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of MeroDesk.com
- The Seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Buyers. High ratings allow sellers to obtain advanced Seller levels. In certain cases, continuously getting low ratings and complaints may lead to the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- For security concerns, MeroDesk may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by Buyers, or associating multiple MeroDesk accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- MeroDesk partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting service-related payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Sales Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the MeroDesk platform are performed by MeroDesk Payment Services Providers.
- Users’ accounts may be temporarily suspended or permanently suspended or users’ service can be disabled by MeroDesk from the Site for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of services
- Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive services
- Services misleading to Buyers or others
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
- Services that extend beyond 3 days
- Exceedingly low-quality services
- Promoting MeroDesk and/or MeroDesk service through activities that are prohibited by any laws, regulations, and/or third parties’ terms of service, as well as through any marketing activity that negatively affects our relationships with our users or partners.
- Services that are found to violate the above-mentioned terms may result in the user’s account tobe marked as “Flag user”. Flag users will be monitored and manually verified for future use of our service.
- Services that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Services may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Services are required to have an appropriate Service image related to the service offered. An option to upload n no of additional Service images are available to all Sellers. Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Service images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Service images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled.
- Service may contain an approved Service Video uploaded through the Service management tools available on MeroDesk.com.
- Statements on the Service Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- Eligible Service in select Categories may set up Service Packages to offer their services in structured formats with multiple price points for the selected Service.
- Service Addons are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Service for an additional price defined by the Seller.
- Service Addons may be removed for violations of our Terms of Service. Services are subject to be removed due to violations found in Service Addons.
- The amount of Service Addons, which can be offered, and the price for each Service Addons, is based on your Seller Level. More information surrounding your accounts eligibility for Service
- Services offered through Service Addons must be related to the base service and part of the deliverables on the order.
- Service Addons may cover different categories of services that are components to a higher quality delivered service.
- Sellers have the option to extend the duration of an order for each Service Addons that are added to the order. This is to cover the time needed to complete the extra service.
MeroDesk.com is all about helping Sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Sellers with helpful tools to attract more customers. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, MeroDesk may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities.
- MeroDesk Sellers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation.
- Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.
- The current Levels a Seller can achieve are, Level 1, 2, and Top Rated.
- Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in the ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their Seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the Seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.
- Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Service Addons, or selling their service in multiples.
Shipping Physical Deliverables
Some of the services on MeroDesk are delivered physically (arts and crafts, events management, photographic service, collectable items, etc.). For these types of Service, Sellers must include price after all deliveries or shipping costs in the service page.
- Important: Buyers who purchase service that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address and shipping address should be discussed over private message.
- Sellers are responsible for all shipping arrangements once the buyer provides the shipping address.
- MeroDesk does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping.
MeroDesk Sellers have access to several exclusive features that help customize the way their services can be offered.
- Sellers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a Buyer.
- Custom Offers are defined by the Seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Services provided through Custom Offers may not violate MeroDesk.com Terms of Service.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of MeroDesk’S Payment Service Provider khalti. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with MeroDesk’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services will be provided by MeroDesk’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your MeroDesk profile can be associated with only one account from each MeroDesk withdrawal method. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one MeroDesk profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 3 days after the order is marked as complete. To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone.
You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the MeroDesk.com Order system.
MeroDesk.com retains the right to use all publicly published delivered works for MeroDesk.com marketing and promotional purposes.
Buyers may request a specific service from the Post a Request feature. Services requested on MeroDesk.com must be an allowed service on MeroDesk.com. Users should refrain from using the Post a Request feature for any purpose other than looking for services on MeroDesk.com.
Buyers pay MeroDesk.com to place an order from a Seller’s Gig page or Custom Offer, using the “Purchase Now” button. MeroDesk.com partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting Gig-related payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding the funds. All payment services in connection with the collection of funds on the MeroDesk.com platform are performed by MeroDesk’s Payment Services Providers.
MeroDesk.com serves as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments from Buyer and transferring those payments to Seller after the Buyer’s approval as stated in the Terms of Service. In the event that MeroDesk.com does not transfer any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against MeroDesk.com and not the Buyer directly.
In addition, Buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific Buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from Sellers through MeroDesk.com.
Service may be purchased on MeroDesk.com by using one of the following payment methods: Khalti and eSewa.
Service charges are added at the time of purchase where a Buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. You will have to pay a service charge of 15%.
You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the MeroDesk.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support.
By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on MeroDesk.com, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on MeroDesk.com; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique MeroDesk.com order number. Sellers must deliver completed files in the chatroom with the Buyer according to the service that was purchased. Delivering a file in the chatroom when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller. An order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Buyer.
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Dispute Settlement Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact MeroDesk’s Customer Support department for assistance.
When a Buyer purchases a service, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Service. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
Sellers must deliver completed files in the chatroom with the Buyer according to the service that was purchased.
Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. MeroDesk.com will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their service page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.
Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an order are an essential part of MeroDesk’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service.
To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the MeroDesk.com platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the MeroDesk.com platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Service page.
Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller’s Live Portfolio on their service page if the Buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.
Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact MeroDesk.com’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
Order cancellations can be performed on MeroDesk.com, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
In the event that a Buyer or Seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
MeroDesk.com, through its Payment Services Providers, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s MeroDesk.com Balance.
Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions.
Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order page while the order is marked as Delivered.
Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
MeroDesk.com encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
Eligibility for requests to MeroDesk.com to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the MeroDesk.com delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be cancelled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially cancelled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the cancelled order will be returned to the Buyer’s MeroDesk.com Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s MeroDesk.com Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s MeroDesk.com Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
Buyers must use MeroDesk.com Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Buyers failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of MeroDesk.com.
Any non-permitted usage of MeroDesk.com encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to MeroDesk’s Terms of Service.
MeroDesk.com Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active Orders (after the Buyer submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on MeroDesk.com)
-The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 3 days while the order is marked as Late.
-Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
-Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Buyer requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
-The user is no longer an active MeroDesk.com user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
-The Seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to Buyers. Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
-The Seller delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements. Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
-The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the MeroDesk.com platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
-The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
– Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.
– Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
- Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14 day limitation)
– Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
– Buyers who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially. Note: Terms of Commercial use is found on the Seller’s Gig page.
– MeroDesk.com Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents Buyers and Sellers from fully utilizing our Dispute Settlement Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
MeroDesk.com refunds the payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. MeroDesk.com returns service fees to your payment provider once an order is cancelled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your MeroDesk.com Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on MeroDesk.com.
Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
User Conduct and Protection
MeroDesk.com connects people everywhere in Nepal through their Community Forums. You can sell and purchase any service listed on the forums. Additionally, you can also make custom offers for the services not found on the forum.
MeroDesk.com maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment and we encourage our users to maintain that while participating in any activity or extensions of MeroDesk.com. This section relates to the user conduct that must be maintained while interacting with each other on MeroDesk.com.
We keep the identities of our users anonymous in order to protect our user’s privacy. Sharing any contact information including Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of MeroDesk.com in order to abuse the MeroDesk.com messaging system or MeroDesk.com platform is not permitted. All the personal information required for the transfer of services must be exchanged in the MeroDesk community through the chatroom and profile pages.
MeroDesk.com does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools in case of any issues.
MeroDesk.com does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the MeroDesk.com platform.
All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on MeroDesk’s platform.
Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension and even removal of your account.
MeroDesk.com is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension and even removal of your account.
Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through MeroDesk.com to contract, engage with, or pay outside of MeroDesk.com.
Misuse of Orders
Users with the intention to affect the rating of competing Sellers by ordering from those competing seller and giving them bad reviews, cancellation of order, creating dispute, etc. will by review by our Trust & Safety team.
If sellers are found or reported making fake buyers account or manipulating others to get fake order to improve the rating then our Trust & Safety team will take appropriate actions against it.
MeroDesk reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, MeroDesk (or one of MeroDesk’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue back to Sellers, otherwise the chargeback amount will be borne by the Seller.
Users may report Services to Customer Support that may be in violation of MeroDesk’s Terms of Service.
Sellers should conform that any content included in their Services shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not break any third party rights, including copyrights, trademarks or service marks, etc. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Service, Sellers represent and confirm that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Services.
MeroDesk.com will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – MeroDesk does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on MeroDesk should be friendly, constructive, and professional. MeroDesk condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – MeroDesk takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Service or orders.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of MeroDesk will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic MeroDesk Profile – You may not create a false identity on MeroDesk , misrepresent your identity, create an MeroDesk profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. MeroDesk reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone etc.).
Intellectual Property Claims – MeroDesk will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use MeroDesk for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the MeroDesk community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to MeroDesk Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on MeroDesk. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell MeroDesk accounts.
The Site, including its general layout, design and content, is exclusively owned by MeroDesk and protected by copyright and trademarks. Users have no right, and specifically agree not to do the following with respect to the Site or any part, component or extension of the Site (including its mobile applications): (i) copy, transfer, adapt, modify, distribute or reproduce it, in any manner; (ii) reverse assemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization; (iii) modify or create derivative works; (iv) remove any copyright notice, identification or any other proprietary notices, or; (v) use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site, or interfere with any other users’ enjoyment of the Site. Users also agree not to permit or authorize anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
MeroDesk.com reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
· Violation of MeroDesk’s Terms of Service may get your account suspended and even disabled permanently.
· Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on MeroDesk.com.
· Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
· Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
· Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
· Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to MeroDesk’s approval.
· Disputes should be handled by contacting MeroDesk’s Dispute Resolution Center.
· MeroDesk.com may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, MeroDesk.com will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
· You understand and agree that if you use MeroDesk.com after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, MeroDesk.com will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
All the contents added by the users are identified as User Generated Content. All the contents uploaded by the sellers and buyers is not checked by the MeroDesk.com for violations of copyright, trademarks and other rights or violations. MeroDesk will not be liable for any content uploaded by the users on the forum. We encourage our users to report the violation with proof so that we can look into it. Contents violating the copyright, trademark and other violations will be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, MeroDesk.com is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Service, their delivery, and any communications between Buyers and Sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in purchasing your service.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that they have the permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that they are offering on MeroDesk.com. Sellers advertising their Gig online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the service and may lead to the suspension of Seller’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement or trademark infringement – please see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Unless clearly stated otherwise by the seller, the ownership of the work will be transferred to the buyer when the seller delivers the work to the buyer. The buyer gains ownership to all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein.
All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of Buyer, and Seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work. Some services charge additional payments for a Commercial Use License. This means that if you purchase the Gig for personal use, you will own all rights you require for such use, and will not need the Commercial Use License. If you intend to use it for any charge or other consideration, or for any purpose that is directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit, you will need to buy the Commercial Use License through custom offers and will have broader rights that cover your business use.
For Voice Over Service, when the work is delivered and payment is received, the buyer gets the basic rights which doesn’t include use in commercials, radio, television and internet commercial spots. If you intend to use the Voice Over to promote a product and/or service (with the exception of paid marketing channels), you will need to purchase the Commercial Rights by making custom offers to the seller. If you intend to use the Voice Over in radio, television and internet commercials, you will need to purchase the Full Broadcast Rights by making custom offers to the seller. For further information on the type of buy-outs, please read below.
- Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the Buyer.
- Both Buyers and Sellers agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily upload to MeroDesk.com, including Gig texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by MeroDesk for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
All ownership policies regarding the transfer of copyright will be subject to The Copyright Act 2059.
Voice over commercial buy-out
When seller delivers a voice over gig to the buyer and receives the due payment, the buyer gets the perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased voice over. However, you cannot use it for commercials, radio, television and internet commercial spots.
By purchasing a commercial rights (buy-out) with your order, in addition to the basic rights, the seller grants you with a license to use the voice over for any corporate, promotional and non-broadcast purposes. Corporate, promotional and non-broadcast purposes means any business related use for the creation of, or to promote a for-product profit or service (with the exception of paid marketing channels), such as explainer videos posted to company websites, social networks or email campaigns, audiobooks, podcast intros, and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose.
By purchasing a full broadcast rights (buy-out) with your order, in addition to the commercial rights, the seller grants you with a license for full broadcasting, which includes internet, radio, and TV “paid channels” including television commercials, radio commercials, internet radio, and music/video streaming platforms. It strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose.
This buy-out is subject to MeroDesk’s terms of service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the seller nor MeroDesk.com will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Commercial use license
To gain a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for permitted commercial purposes, the buyer must purchase a commercial use license with your order. The seller grants you all intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery. Here, permitted commercial purposes means any business related use like advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This license is subject to MeroDesk’s terms of service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the seller nor MeroDesk.com will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of the site, its content and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The site, its content and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither MeroDesk.com nor any person associated with MeroDesk.com makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the website.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability
In no event will MeroDesk, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the website, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
In accepting liability as the limited authorized payment collection agent of seller, MeroDesk and its affiliates assume no liability for any acts of seller.
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
In relation to whatever mentioned above, MeroDesk will not be liable for any damages, sufferings and issues caused on and through the website. MeroDesk only provides a digital platform for buying and selling services.